Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Take a walk with me...

Have camera... will travel.

When I feel the need to rejuvenate or reconnect with the earth, one place I often travel to is the Columcille. It's a Megalith Park a half hour or so from my home. It is peaceful, serene, welcoming... no matter what time of the year. I've trudge through snow, waded through high weeds and kicked freshly fallen leaves of orange, brown and yellow up there. Today I visited while the earth was still as brown as the rocks from, which it came... and I still find it just as lovely as when the grass is lush and green.

It's a place for reflection and guests are requested to walk in silence... so before I enter... I'll share with you the fact that the chapel is my favorite place of all. When I enter I close the heavy wooden door and just sit in silence listening to the sound of my own heart beating... feeling the earth beneath me... grounding my soul. The boulder, which the chapel was built around is meant for just that... as a reminder to stay grounded and connected with the earth.

I invite you to take a walk with me....

No comments: