Saturday, March 28, 2009

The Gift of a Kiss.....

Having survive a some what verbally abusive ex-husband (albeit, a long time ago) I am still unable to be the one to make a first move of a kiss. Fear of rejection is paralyzing. Yet, there are some situations in which I am rather certain my kiss or touch would be more than welcomed... and I am still unable to do so.

Once, (okay, maybe twice or three times) I've been invited to share a man's personal space and know for a fact that I am welcomed there.... then look out!!! The shyness disperses back into the depths of the forest from whence it came.... and I once again hold within me... the gift of a kiss.

The gift of a kiss is confidence.

It says, "I like you." "I want you in my space." It whispers, "You are welcomed here, please come again..."

The gift of a kiss lightens your step, makes you stand taller and bestows a certain energy and sense of courage that can be obtained from no other source.

A first kiss should never be taken for granted.... whether it be the first one shared between two souls... the first of a day, after months or years together.... or the first after having not seen a person for a period of time....

As for me? That gift is best delivered with the warmth of his hands holding my face... I cannot run... and it assures me that he does not want me too..... gift delivered.

1 comment:

Johnny Blogger said...

Nothing like a beautiful kiss...shoreside...mountain Valley....great piece...46