Sunday, May 31, 2009

Seems like yesterday....

Four years ago I drove my son to Cornell for the first time... and left him there. I am certain I was the one who was more afraid... not because I was afraid he would not be okay with out me, but that I might not be okay without him.

He and I have had to be there for each other throughout the years, dealing with both physical challenges and emotional disappointments. He is one of the most brave people I know. He handles life with a level of grace, dignity and courage that inspires me to be a better person.

Last weekend he graduated, magna cum laude, with honors thesis research in Animal Science.

The morning of graduation, just the two of us, took a hike through one of the gorges on campus then walked about enjoying the campus one last time together discussing the future.

I love him immensely and will allow the snapshots from the weekend to speak for themselves.













11 comments:

Johnny Blogger said...

Gawd....you're a beautiful sexy woman...to bad we couldn't work on that attitude...

tongue in cheek....on the last part...easy now......

I know this ain' gettin' published...

46

Anonymous said...

...and speak they do! Amazing shot of the waterfall with the mist.

Johnny Blogger said...

That was reverse pychology...gettin' you to publish it and all...smartass...

;>)

~Dragonfly~* said...

Better to be a smartass than a dumbass!!!

Johnny Blogger said...

Will you ever be nice to me? Or always...a pain in the ass.

;>)

46

~Dragonfly~* said...

Hey... YOU assumed I was calling you a dumbass... I was simply making the statement that I would rather be considered a smartass than a dumbass!!!

:P

Johnny Blogger said...

Why is you "YOU" capitalized? Is this a "YOU," like when one points and say curtly: "YOU!"

This is enough for you to think about tonight.

46

~Dragonfly~* said...

Maybe you are a smarter ass than I give you credit for... why, Yes! That is exactly what the capitalized "YOU" meant!!!! :P

Johnny Blogger said...

LMAO..."...Maybe you are a smarter ass than I give you credit..."

Well isn't this the kindest of gestures from you today.

I guess I should say "..thank you..."

46

~Dragonfly~* said...

You're welcome!

Johnny Blogger said...

"There's more under heaven and earth than is contained in your philosophy,"-Shakespeare...

;>)

46