Thursday, May 21, 2009

Official Diagnosis....




It's official... I've been diagnosed and the consensus seems to be unanimous!!! I suffer from AOADD... from here on out know as "Adult Outdoor Attention Deficit Disorder"

Apparently I am completely unable to take a walk (through the woods, down to the farm, across at the pond, anywhere outdoors) with anyone other than my dog AND hold a conversation.

There are far too many little things that distract me and command my attention.... Mom spiders carrying their egg sacks, pretty little purple flowers hiding in the tall grasses, baby blue birds waiting to be fed, a black-capped chickadee sitting on three pea sized eggs, a great blue heron silently flying over head, the wind blowing the white wisteria blossoms, fat worms in the cool soil, leaves twirling on the branches from the wind, the little wren chittering on the tree branch....

When I'm outside... I'm just like a little kid in a ..... Ooooo.... pretty cardinal....!!!!!

2 comments:

lime said...

not an entirely unpleasant disorder to be affected with. i have a friend who says awareness and gladness are the only 2 virtues. seems you are very aware of many little things to be glad about. ;)

kimmyk said...

it sounds nice where you are and having a heart to heart with your dog sounds like a good chat to me! sometimes it's good to vent and not have anyone say anything back.

enjoy your walks!