Saturday, June 6, 2009

"I'm leaving you behind...."

Words are quite powerful. They have the ability to take your heart to heights never before experienced, or to depths you wish you would not have to explore...

The words, "I'm leaving you behind" conjure up many memories for me, they start early when I was just a little girl... I can see my Daddy's back as he walked away to go to work.... he left me behind.

When you are little you are told, "If you are a good girl, you'll get to go along." I've spent my whole life trying to be a good girl...

At what point do you become "good" enough, "accomplished" enough, kind enough, loving enough, giving enough... Enough, that you are worth the risk, the investment of time and emotion, valued and missed... your presence in life, found precious...?

I have not yet found my wooden heart.... or a kiss to build a dream upon... at times, I thought I had... instead I feel like the eternal little girl running after Daddy, putting my hand in his and saying, "Please, take me with you...."

4 comments:

Johnny Blogger said...

I dunno what to comment about this right now. I'm sure I'll have something upon my return to Seaside Sity. Immediately it makes me sad for you and I know thats not your intention...to invoke pity.

~Dragonfly~* said...

46, You know that I do not write with the intention of receiving comments or invoking emotions in anyone else but myself. I simply write to process different emotions and experiences... and I am sad... very... but don't be sad "for" me... I'll suck it up... I always do... no choice.

As my friend, simply acknowledging that you recognize that I am hurting makes me feel a little less alone... Thank you.

lime said...

i know that feeling too well. i am many days late here but perhaps we can sit together and just know what the other is feeling.

~Dragonfly~* said...

Lime, As we do reside in the same state.... just maybe we could do that one day. I think I would enjoy very much sitting and chatting over a glass of wine with you. I think you and I are often of the same mind.... even your writing style is familiar to me. Wish I knew where in the state you were!!! :)

DF