Saturday, April 4, 2009

Missing my boy today....




Across the street, next to the pond, on the edge of the woods.... wild daffodils grow. Every year, my baby boy would be sure to pick me some and put them in an old, antique bottle we've found and place them on my kitchen counter as a surprise for me.

I happened to notice them coming home from the grocery store yesterday... the bright white and yellow amidst the still brown grasses and trees. So today, I took a walk over to see them up close. They are as much a bright spot in the forest as my boy is in my heart.... I really miss him today.

2 comments:

Johnny Blogger said...

Must be nice to have blooming flowers already...I have "shoots." Some buds on some trees...a no coat night so far...getting there in the cold Northeast...

46

truckdriver_sefl said...

These are absolutely spectacular.....