Friday, April 10, 2009

Soulful Sentiments from a Friend....

I find it amazing how online we can generate such meaningful friendships. Personally, I think it because what always seems to be missing from our real life relationships is communication... and online.... that is pretty much all we have.

A gentleman, whom I've never met, has been reading my words for almost a year now. He has come to know me well and I value his friendship. He brought music back into my life with the song "Soulshine" by Gov't Mule. My heart was broken... aching beyond repair at the time... and silence was far more comforting... songs just seemed to bring tears or memories I wasn't ready to entertain.

I recently wrote him to thank him.... and tell him that I appreciated his friendship. He wrote, for me, the following...



"You deserve to be happy and I'm glad I could share a little and inspire a smile or two. I'll be here if you need someone, even if ........

Dragonflies travel where they may and lite where they will. Darting here and there, briefly reflecting the sun in the most unique and beautiful ways. Those who are graced with a glimpse of their allure and can appreciate it are left empty and wanting when they are gone. Longing to be graced with their company if even for an other fleeting moment. Alas they are the fairies of our lives teasing our desires by simply being what they are. Seemingly confused in what direction to fly, fearful of where to lite. If there was to be a regret in being touched so profoundly by such a creature, who's warmth and beauty shines from within, is that my heart won't be able to provide her refuge. Still I hope and believe in fearless love. I will always be here for you, even if ........."




I am so very touched.

We can all use a little Soulshine.....





No comments: