Sunday, April 19, 2009

Let the Winds Wash Over You....







Yesterday's weather was as near perfect as one can ask for... sunny blue skies, warm... high 60's - low 70's and windy. The winds were more of a breeze and less then gale force... they were mischievous... and I liked them.

I went for a walk through Collumcile. Supporters of the Megalith Park were lovingly tending to the grounds... raking errant leaves, scrubbing the center stone of the chapel and airing out its cushions. There was more sound and movement than I have grown accustom to when I visit.

But it wasn't the sounds of the people that had my attention... it was the sound of the winds playing in the forest... I ascended the hillside near Thor's Gate and was about to continue forward when I heard it coming....like the spirits of children past, running through the leaves, around the trees, playing tag or hide-n-seek and laughing. At first my instincts told me to step out of their way, but on second thought I turned towards the sound, planted my feet, closed my eyes and just waited. The wind washed over, around and through me.... and for those moments I felt so incredibly free and at peace with my heart.... lifted.

4 comments:

truckdriver_sefl said...

LOVE the sound of the wind.........

lime said...

i love your description of the mischievous wind.

wanted to thank you for your recent visits to my place and apologize for taking a while to get over here to do so. :)

~Dragonfly~* said...

Thank you Lime... and no need to apologize. I did not visit expecting one in return. I enjoy your site tremendously and find that I relate to much of your writings. You have quite the following.... :) And I hope that my interjections have only enhanced and not hindered your thought processes.

I write primarily for me as a way of processing different emotions and experiences in my life and am delighted if anyone finds some pleasure in my words or pictures.

I am honored by your visit and hope you'll come again.

lime said...

i believe i shall return often as i very much like what i find here. when i find i have a new commentor i like to come pay at least an initial visit to return the kindness and sometimes i am blessed to find a gem such as yours. :) delighted to know you find something you enjoy at my place and i am glad to have you there.