Sunday, February 17, 2013

Mom got scolded in church!!!

Yesterday while cleaning out and tearing apart the house I bought (for investment purposes) I came across a drawer filled with loose change.  A quick count sermized that it was ten, plus dollars worth. With little time to spare I scooped up the change and put it in a small canning jar that was nearby.

I had decided, sometime in the night that I should take that money and give it as my offering in church.  I felt very strongly that since God's whispers lead me into this amazing adventure, that the money should be given to him.

So after picking up Mom, I stopped at the house to retrieve the canning jar.

When ai got back in the car, my mother questioned what I had gotten.  I told her what I intended to do.  I also informed her that I had had a dream last night that I had totally embarrassed her in church as when it came time for me to put my offering in the plate, I had trouble getting it out of the jar.  I told her that I figured she wouldn't want me to do this because she would feel embarrassed, but that I felt rather strongly that the money belonged to God and it was being given from the heart.

So thee we are....in the parking lot at the church and I pick up my jar.  Mom says, "can't you just out it in your pocket or something?" To which I replied, "no, that would be even harder to put in the plate." Nope, I was taking my jar!!!

I set my jar under my seat until it was time.....and then....there it was.... The minister preparing us for the offering....saying over and over again that it doesn't matter what the offering looks like, or how much we give....what matters is the heart with which it is given!!!!

The basket passed before me and I quietly and completely emptied my jar full of change feeling validated and blessed.

I am unique in my thinking and ways....but God loves me just the same!

As for mom.....

She was so busted!!! Mom got scolded at church!!!! And she knew it!

5 comments:

~Dragonfly~* said...

But you know what? God loves her just the same, too!

Owl said...

Ha! Busted!!! LOL!
I love the way God orchestrates those little things. Not only does it test our gratitude, it proves he has a sense of humor! Your poor Mom - getting a personal attitude adjustment!! LOL!
Thanks for sharing :-))

lime said...

god makes us each unique. some, like you, choose to embrace that. :)

lime said...

god makes us each unique. some, like you, choose to embrace that. :)

lime said...

god makes us all unique. some, like you, choose to embrace it. :)