Friday, October 12, 2012

Remembering the morning....

The morning was cool and crisp..  The sun bright and making quick work of burning off the heavy, almost frost-like dew that wasn't protected by the shade....

The cool nights have set the trees in motion of shutting down producing less and less chlorophyll revealing the leaves true colors of red and orange....

The cornfields stand tall, rattling their dry leaves as the breeze runs through the rows like small children playing hide and seek....

And the monarchs have begun their frantic migration southward taking my wishes and dreams on their wings.....

What will tomorrow's sunrise bring?

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful thoughts, Dragonfly. Thank you for the marvelous, hopeful images of the changing season... wow

Anonymous said...

Thank you, I have recently been looking for facts about this question for a while and yours is the best I have found so far.

~Dragonfly~* said...

Anon2... If you are referring to the I formation about the changing of colors in the leaves...I can tell you EXACTLY what happens....and why.

lime said...

it's my favorite season because of the colors and the daily surprises...

Anonymous said...

Hello, I simply wanted to take time to make a comment and say I have really enjoyed reading your site.

~Dragonfly~* said...

It is lovely, Lime. The fog, frost, colors,and sounds....I too, enjoy fall a lot!

Anon, thank you. That is very sweet of you...from where ever you are!! :)

Anonymous said...

I truly find this a interesting subject. Never looked at this subject in this manner. If you are planning to create more articles relating to this subject, I definitely will be back in the near future!