Monday, August 24, 2009

Pergola and Porch Progress... or the lack thereof.

Mouse has been busy delivering children to various far off locations so that they might improve their minds. Rat seems to have been poisoned by a bad deli hoagie and not been feeling well at all. And on top of it... the weather has not been cooperating!! It's either been unbearably hot or raining cats and dogs... mice and rats don't like cats and dogs!!!

But before the chaos hit, Mouse was able to power wash and sand the old stain from the remaining wood, prep the area for laying the new planks and cut the 4'x 8'pressure treated plywood into 5 1/4" strips to lay under the composite decking to bring it up to the proper height.

Hopefully Rat will feel up to working with Mouse sometime soon and we'll get this project done!!!


2 comments:

Johnny Blogger said...

Ahhh...yes...to trip and break ones knee on good ole Lawsuit porch...ahhh...yes.

Welcome back...to work.

:>(

Where many of us have spent our summers...

:>(

46

~Dragonfly~* said...

Hey! No one invited you to be walking on my "good ole Lawsuit porch"!!!

And I'm fairly certain that no one twisted your arm, forcing you to pursue a career that makes you work all summer long!!! Let's not forget that I only get paid for the days I work!!! NO paid vacations!!! And I am forced to allow the District to keep a portion of my pay each week so that they can earn interest off of it instead of me!!! But then, that's the trade off for not working in the summer... or when it snows real hard... or over Christmas... or at Thanksgiving... or on Easter.... :D Yes, I most definitely chose my profession for its life style... it sure as hail wasn't for the money!!!

DF