Sunday, December 6, 2009

Let it snow...

When the boys were born and each year since, at Christmas I would buy them a keepsake ornament. The forethought was that upon their wedding day I would give them their box of ornaments so that they would have a part of home to start their new life with, their first Christmas together.

It's always been a fun and exciting time each year to see what their ornaments looked like. And as we decorated the tree together each year, they would un-box and unwrap their treasures to hang upon the tree... and when the time came... they would re-wrap and re-box their ornaments to await another year.

One by one the boys went off to college leaving less of us at home to decorate the tree... until it came down to only me.... and then last year Aaron got married and his ornaments went to be with him. (Boy, was that a much tougher gift to wrap than I anticipated)

So with the boys' permission I now get to decorate the tree the way I like.... and I love snow!!!!

So each year my tree is covered with all sorts of snowflakes, icicles and snowballs....

And yesterday.... as I began to decorate my tree.... it began to snow... a wonderful heavy, wet, coat everything, bring the world to a halt with a hush...kind of snow...
it was delightful.






4 comments:

Johnny Blogger said...

The tree and its decorations are very beautiful, delicate, and unique...like its decorator...Merry Christmas!

46

~Dragonfly~* said...

You are very sweet 46, thank you... and Merry Christmas to you as well!

You haven't been dippin' into the eggnog have you?!?!? :)

~DF~*

lime said...

oh so pretty. i'm glad you got your own sort of gift on the day you decorated the tree.

~Dragonfly~* said...

The snow truly was a gift. Thank you, Lime.